Monday, February 9, 2009

Research Continuation

Still in the process of reading "The Saturated Self." Would like to continue on reading with "Future Shock" so that I might hypothesize future consequences of the technologically connected human. With that hypothesis of the future, I would like to include clips from the movie Walle, as an imaginative illustration that so many already are familiar with.

I think I want to follow into the direction of choices and how they are so easily devalued by other perspectives or standards. For instance if I sit down to watch a show for enjoyment I could later be saying to myself..."couch potato," "lazy," "unproductive" etc. It's the inclination to listen to listen to so many other voices, other than the one that originally had you sitting down to watch a show in the first place.

Hoping to have ideas keep developing as I keep researching and reading. There are so many angles in which to tackle this that I've found it most useful to take what I'm learning and apply it personally to myself...In this I've found more ways in which I might be able to tackle this project.

1 comment:

  1. There is a section on "overchoice" (I think that's the word Toffler uses) in Future Shock that should mesh with the Saturated Self in interesting ways.

    ReplyDelete