Sunday, April 12, 2009

Script Pre-draft

So I have a few ideas for how I want to pursue my script.

Last week we discussed using stick figures(Nick's idea) as means as a video and I thought about drawing a stick figure of a person who has all these different 'selves' in their life, of course each self is dependent of the context of the situation. So essentially I would keeping drawing, erasing, re-drawing, and re-erasing the stick figure until the paper until the paper becomes one big messy blur of erasing marks. This would be a way to demonstrate the effects of saturation of the self.

I also though about going around and asking random people on campus what their definition of happiness is. I won't use the term "pursuit of happiness" because of its classic connotation, but apply it to the "pursuit of the maximizer." 'Maximizer' is a term used by Schwartz for people who must be assured and/or validated that the decision they made was the best one possible. Amongst the plethora of choices and decisions to make in today's postmodern society, they find the need to find the best thing possible.

I really want to keep a simplicity affect in my video so that one isn't 'saturated' with to much info, imagery, etc.


My biggest obstacle right now is connecting those two ideas and transitioning them well so that they create a big picture. You are saturated and your plethora of choices is overwhelming and distorted by the 'pursuit of maximizing.'

also want to add adaptation to identities and decisions and how we pursue maximizing

No comments:

Post a Comment