I have been reading critique reviews, one by Philip Wexler and another one by David A. Snow, Joseph Heirling. Both of them note that the evidence provided by Gergen is not empirical and narrow-based. Definitely could be something to look into.
I've recently picked up the books "The Paradox of Choice," "Consuming Desires,"The Pursuit of Happiness and other Sobering Thoughts."
I've definitely taken the idea of pursuit of happiness and its evolution into overchoice and the 'freedom to' do things (Schwartz,3). Its this original idea to pursue to do what makes us happy and how it evolved into a hierarchy of desires, needs and ideas.
The ideas in class that I want to touch on are how saturation has led to overchoice and with that overchoice come the paradox of choice. This saturation is a result of people's pursuit of happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment